Thursday, November 13, 2014

Buttering up the door people

We live in a section of town among warehouses -- many of them have converted to lofts, but the one right next door is a working door factory. Doors Inc. No, really. That's what it's called.

For some reason, I'm dying to see the inside of their warehouse. Here's my plan: I'll make a pan of brownies, take it over to their office entrance, and try to bribe my way into a little impromptu tour. This is a little out of my comfort zone, but I think tomorrow's the day. Friday, they should be in a good mood. Cold outside, so I'll make sure the brownies are warm.

I'm kinda hoping it looks like Monsters, Inc., on the inside, so clearly my expectations are too high.  If any doors at all are on an overhead-track system, that'll be good.

Sometimes I can smell lacquer fumes on the outside of the building, so maybe everybody's high in there, who knows? Oh. Maybe I should consider making a different kind of brownie.

I'm doing it. Tomorrow. I'll take photos if that seems appropriate. And, of course, if they don't kick me out immediately.

If it goes well, maybe I'll find courage to ask about using part of their parking lot for my bunco group coming over next Monday.

No comments: