Thursday, January 15, 2015

Word hoarding

It turns out I'm a hoarder of journals, and now blogs. I collect my own thoughts and words. There, that sounds better. 

I've always loved journals. I currently keep journals for myself, for both of the kids, and a travel journal. I have inactive past journals focused on what books I was reading, what prayers I was saying, dreams, health, wish lists, free writing, random scribbles, whatever. And then there's the blog you're reading now... and the past vacation blogs... and the phone app for daily gratitude lists. Oh, the lists. I keep lists of what bands I've seen, what bands I still need to see, my favorite books/movies/concerts, places I still need to visit. There's also the list of things I've misplaced, so I don't forget to keep looking for them. With that, I've probably shared enough.

SO. I just started a new blog, and I'd love to have readers! I'm calling it On My List - Des Moines. I'm just planning to write about things I enjoy doing in Des Moines, and the restaurants, pubs, places and events I'm finally checking off my list. (Again with the lists. Have mercy.) I decided to try Tumblr for this new blog. I haven't yet figured out how one "subscribes" to it, but I started pages on Facebook and Twitter that will show updates. Follow along if you like!


No comments: